I have come to a realization. It didn't take me long, but, I feel that here, on this blog, that no one reads, is a perfect place to relay the message.
NYC. is. Awesome. Period.
All I have to say is, (to quote Annie): "AMEN. FOR N Y C."
Where else can you walk by a thirty year old man peeing in the street and think nothing of it? See garbage piled on the sidewalk and know that the magic garbage fairy will have made it disappear by morning? Listen to crappy Mariachi bands on the subway? THAT'S RIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS. NO WHERE. Unless you want to be an Actor, New York is a city of dreams. The end.
....well, dreams and exceedingly high rent.
After I've finished saying that a place of piss, garbage, and Mexican music is the most desirable place to live, I feel I should back it up with a little evidence. Let me tell you a story
I bring you now, not-readers of this oh-so-not-blog, the birth of the Anthony Edwards Safari.
For those who don't know, Edwards is an accomplished actor/director who's most notable for his role as Dr. Mark Greene on ER. (That, and some high-budget flick he did with Julianne Moore.) ANYWAY. I think I would have a pretty good backing if I were to claim he was the best character in the show's history. (Which I firmly believe is true of the male cast.)(And all of you haters shouting about Ross can STFU.)
I discovered shortly after my venture to the East Coast, that he too, resided in Manhattan. I had to find him. There was no question in my mind that our two paths were destined to cross, and by golly, I was gonna make it happen.
........this was September of 2007.
After seeing a few famous people, and quenching my thirst for a semi-exciting existence on this planet, the safari's subsided. I needed a break from my constant eye-peel for this TV Star. (Mostly, everyone pales in comparison to Dianne Wiest.... *swoon*)
Now, let me tell you this. New York is the city of dreams, and on November 1st, 2009, my dream was to go to the West Side. I wanted to hang out in the park near the ramble and reminisce about the giant cock and balls someone had etched last year when the lake froze over, look at naked gypsies under the bridge at Bethesda, then end up somewhere near the Dakota. It was to be the perfect afternoon. I had it all planned out.
What I hadn't planned on was the Marathon. Oh? What's this? A marathon you say? With runners? YES. RUNNERS. WHO BLOCKED MY GLORIOUS ENTRANCE TO THE WEST SIDE OF MANHATTAN. THOSE BITCHES.
I sat on a bench watching the madness unfold from atop a hill. I was pissed. I decided to see what all this ruckus huckus was about, and there he was. My knight in shining sweaty running shorts.... My heart melted into a nostalgia puddle.
"YOU GO DR. GREENE!"
"I KNEW YOU WEREN'T REALLY DEAD!" (spoiler alert!)
"GO TONY, GO! YOU'RE A FOX!"
But all I did was squee.
I squeed a lot :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment