Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mixer

Posted by Monty at 7:16 PM
Ok, I'm here submitting to what those psychologists call "Peer Pressure." Doing what the cool kids do, because the cool kids are doing it. As many of you know, I still keep my LJ alive and kicking, but I figured that everyone else is doing their "I'm abroad YAY!" blog, and New York is abroad enough for me. Do I expect to have a ton of blog friends and become suddenly e-famous? 

Hold onto your trousers, ladies. This could get INTENSE.  

Onto other business..... 

Tonight was the annual "Actor/filmmaker" mixer. AKA an opportunity to watch a bunch of freshman and unemployed SAG members try and co-mingle. Middle School dance style awkwardness ensues, and a lot of blonde girls get their feelings hurt. C'est la vie Art school! It beats getting trampled by a bunch of graphic design students in skinny jeans rushing outside for their smoke break, am I right? 

I was keeping my eye out for interesting looking folks. I saw this one woman, 'Chrissie' wearing long chandelier earrings and a hot pink duster scarfing down a hoagie; and I was like "YOU! I MUST TALK TO YOU!" Onika, AKA Michelle, my wing man for the evening rushed over to this amazingly amazing woman, and we asked for her headshot. She looked like she was in her 50's, and handed me a glossy photo with earnest. 

"Did she just give me a 20 year old's headshot?" I looked on, confused, as we watched her finish her sandwich. 

"THAT'S SHOWBIZ, KID!" 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Monty Worldwide Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates